Friday, February 12, 2010

What if we found out that babies are the real geniuses?

What if we found out that babies are the real geniuses? From Einstein to the little boy on the TV series "X-Files", geniuses has always fascinated people. What if we had a genius traity while we were babies all along? When I was babysitting my 2 year old niece, she started saying words I have never heard her say before. For example, I asked her when was her birthday. The first time she said, "Today is my birthday." Then she paused for a moment and she said, "Oh, Tiny I forgot that my birthday is August 8th." I was so shocked because not only was she right, her parents nor I knew that she knew her own birthday. Not only did she say that, she started a conversation with me and she sounded like a 10 years old. I knew exactly what she was saying, and now she starting to learn her colors. I wonder if by the time she gets older as with all babies, her curosity and wit will die out. It seems as with each generation of babies, they become smarter and smarter. I believe that is one of the reasons why I want to be a pediatrician, because children fascinate me with their actions, and it would be my job to prevent these children from having all types of illnesses that could result in death. If babies were born with some kind of genius trait and then it fades when they get older, then we need to do more research on that particular trait. Then the children with learning disabilities may be able to benefit from the trait somehow to preserve it so they would not have the learning disability in the first place, and scientists can find many breakthoughs in science, in general. Another option is that if the child is not born with athe genius trait after all, then at least they would be able to find some type of pattern to the trait.

No comments:

Post a Comment